Social Interaction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Seyon Washington

My face-to-face classes are extremely interactive. There are large and small group activities, partner work and hands-on activities. I tie s many senses to a project as I can. Online learning has made that difficult. The students aren’t consistent with logging in (or logging in on time). This creates difficulty in assigning group activities. To incorporate social interaction, I need to find ways to make the students more accountable for their time, their classmates’ time, and my time. I realize I need to create more opportunities to interact rather than provide direct instruction in an online setting.

• #19743 Reply
      Nestot Rodriguez

Yes, it is difficult, but not impossible.  With my adult students I try to get them to be on time and to participate in the activities as much as they can.

• #20029 Reply
        Ricardo Castro

Part of creating an environment in the classroom, I like to start with an icebreaker activity that leads them to get to know each other a little more … Now with the pandemic, the use of various platforms helps students to interact.

R.

• #22324 Reply
      Karen Hirshouer

Online instruction does have its own unique challengers. Many students “hide” behind the technology and refuse to interact or talk online. However, utilizing small breakout rooms often has increased the participation of shy students.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Social Interaction
Your information:

Skip to toolbar