Course 3 Discussion Question #2

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated by .
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katie Holloway
      Keymaster

Choose ONE option and respond. 

Option A 

Review the ARENA acronym for communication.  The ARENA acronym provide structure to the different types of asynchronous support (cognitive, psychological, and social) messages that learners need as they navigate an asynchronous learning path.

How can the ARENA acronym help you provide consistent asynchronous support to learners needs as they navigate their asynchronous learning path?

Option B

Review the ARENA Decision Tree.  The Decision Tree provides a sequence for choosing an asynchronous support message’s purpose, vehicle, and multi-sensory medium. How do you currently make decisions about the type of asynchronous support communication you provide?  How does this decision tree compare to your decision-making process? How can the decision tree help you as you plan asynchronous support?

Lany

The triangle of psychological engagement is important in building a relationship with the students. Once this is established among the learners, barriers slowly fading out. Learning is an active process, providing the ARENA will help the students to stay on task. When the teacher ask if the students need help, students respond positively because they feel the genuine care of the teacher. Students don’t feel dumb anymore when they are reviewing the content because they understand that it is for their benefit. When the the students feel the encouragement, they put more effort on getting the problem right and not give up. And when the teacher acknowledges the positive attitude portrayed by the students, they are inspired to do more good things. As a result, students enjoy the learning and aim to be successful at it.

I will provide the different options of Decision tree for my students. I will ask what works for them. Some students like writing instead of video for medium of communication and vice versa. The most important thing is to make sure that students understand what I am trying to communicate with them and the purpose behind everything I do for them.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar