Course 1 Discussion Question #1

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated by .
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katie Holloway
      Keymaster
      In your own words, answer the following…

Describe at least 2 design elements of effective online programs that you feel you are missing  (or are not reaching their potential) in your online program approach.  If implemented in your program, how might the elements improve program success and learning outcomes.

Posting Instructions:
      Hit reply to this thread to post your initial response. Do not start a new topic. Only start a new topic when you are starting a new thread of conversation.

Karina Phillips

My program is missing an ongoing community forum. I do occasional discussion questions and require students to respond to at least 2 classmates, but there is nowhere for them to interact more regularly. I like the idea of having them engage in the forum 3+ times per week. I think it could increase the feeling of community in my class, provide more opportunities for writing practice, and really build the “safe space” that I tell my students we have. I’m not sure that I change the emotional, mental, or physical state of my students every 15 minutes… I’m not sure how I would do this or how it would improve my classroom.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar