Course 1 Community Discussion

• This topic has 12 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated by .
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tamara
      Course Participant

Who are you, and what would you do if you were not teaching or working in adult basic education? Give us the big ambitions! No one is going to ask you to  change professions 🙂

Tamara
      Course Participant

Hi everyone!  If I was not teaching, I would love to think that I would have tried my hand with some sort of artistic ambition.  A painter? photographer? a stand-up comic?, potter?

Tamara

Ronnelle Sammons

Tamara,

I wish I had some sort of artistic ability, but I am more crafty than artsy. However, teaching is an art so you are an artist in some aspect! If I was going to do something artistic I’d probably enjoy and be best with photography. I think you would make a great stand up comic!

Ronnelle

James YB

Before becoming a teacher, I tried everything from working: in construction, in a call center, customer service, data entry, etc. I really think that teaching is the only thing that makes me not dread going into work.

Lany Moore

I am probably doing business like most of the members of my family.

Lisa Morelli

I wish I were artistic. I do not have an artistic bone in my body.

Ronnelle Sammons

Hello everyone,

If I was not working in an educational setting I would most likely be counseling youth in the community, perhaps at a community center or community college. I love connecting youth adults to furthering education options and would have found a way of doing that in one form or another.

Ronnelle

Lany Moore

Ms. Sammons,

You are good at counseling the youth. So wherever you get assigned to the young adults will be blessed.

Lisa Morelli

I am Lisa Morelli. I currently am a high school Science teacher. I have been in public education for 27 years now as a teacher, coach, athletic director, Dean of Students, and as an Assistant Principal. If I were not in public education I would love to be a sports broadcaster. I think it would be awesome to get to see the behind the scenes of the sports world.

James YB

Hey Ms. Morelli,

I always thought being a play-by-play reporter would be interesting, but is probably super difficult. If you don’t mind me asking, who are some of your favorite sports broadcasters?

James YB

Hey Ms. Sammons,

I think that I would have been focused on community involvement if I did not get into teaching, as well.

Ronnelle Sammons

I think you would be a great sports broadcaster Lisa! That would be a pretty interesting job. You would get to meet a lot of really cool people, it would be ever changing, and you would get to see all of your favorite sports games and be paid for it!!!

Lany Moore

My name is Lany Moore. I taught in the Philippines for 12 years and I have been teaching here at Youthbuild for 3 years now. I love math but I never thought that I would become a math teacher because I was insecure being in front of people. I could have been an accountant or engineer. But God led me to this profession and I am enjoying it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar