- This event has passed.
Public: Blueprint for Teaching Online Course 2
January 12 @ 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM UTC+0
Blueprint for Creating Interactive and Engaging Live Online Lessons
- Quit delivering boring lectures, and turn dull seat work into meaningful and interactive learning experiences. Learn how to capture and sustain attention using simple cognitive design and delivery strategies that turn ANY lesson into an interactive and engaging learning experience. In this workshop, you will explore 8 strategies of engagement, learn the laws of learning that simplify the research behind the strategies, and receive practical tools and guidance for integrating the strategies into your online classroom. Includes a live workshop and coaching sessions.
- Describe and identify at least 8 design and delivery strategies for teaching in a synchronous setting (live digital workshops or classrooms).
- Experience engagement strategies as a student in a live digital workshop.
- Identify and describe the cognitive laws of learning that support different live engagement strategies.
- Identify first steps of implementation.
- Jan 12th: Live Session 10:00 to 1:00 CST
- Jan 20th: Optional Coaching Session 2:00 to 3:00 CST
- 2 to 4 hours of self-paced online learning from Jan 12th to Jan 20th (After the last week of the course, you will have a 2-week “grace period” to review any material or complete the course if you have fallen behind.)